Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Happy Birthday James!



Today would have been the 106th birthday of one of my favorite actors ever, Mr. James Stewart! The first movie I ever saw James in was It's a Wonderful Life when I was about 7 or 8 years old. Like most families it became a Christmas time staple but I was so in love with that movie that I would watch it all the time! As I got older and discovered more of his movies he became one of my favorite actors. It's hard for me to explain why but it's just something about him that's so wonderfully normal that I just love. His modesty, sincerity, his mannerisms, that boyish charm, that drawl...I just love everything haha. To pick a favorite movie would be entirely too hard because I honestly love everything I've seen him in lol. But here's some of my most watched at least:

You Can't Take It With You (1938)
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)
Made For Each Other (1939)
The Philadelphia Story (1940)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
Call Northside 777 (1947)
Harvey (1950)
Rear Window (1954)
Vertigo (1958)
How The West Was Won (1962)
Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation (1962)
The Man Who Shot Liberty Vance (1962)



This list alone shows just how much of a diverse actor James was. And the best thing is that there are still sooo many of his films I haven't seen yet, especially from his early career. To celebrate I think I'll watch The Philadelphia Story which also includes my favorite actress, Katharine Hepburn and another fave actor, Cary Grant.

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

MKD


2 comments:

  1. He has been in some impressive movies! This post really makes me want to watch some classic films tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you definitely should! If you're wanting to watch some James Stewart movies, there are about 4 on Netflix right now. I would definitely suggest Mr. Smith Goes to Washington of the Netflix ones!

    ReplyDelete