Sunday, June 29, 2014

iKnit: Summer projects

If you guys recall in my last iKnit post I made a Keyhole Scarf and it was the first major knitting project I had undertaken. Well I haven't made anything since then lol, but I do have a few really fun projects lined up to work on this summer! Within the past two weeks I have gained 2 new beautiful baby cousins. My aunts gave birth a week apart! So there's a lot of excitement and baby fever running around in my family. And since I'm not having babies any time soon(they're cute but not for me right now haha) I feel like my contribution will be some cute knit items for baby girl Evangeline(Eva for short) and baby girl Logan.

Each of these projects/patterns I got are again from the wonderful website, Craftsy. I love the huge variety of patterns they offer and they have them by skill level. So all the ones shown below will be at a novice/beginner level.

First up we've got the most adorable cardigan and it has teddy bear ears on top! Can you imagine a little baby all snuggled up in this?!?! I really like this color so I might stick with the blue for this one.

  Baby Cardigan with Teddy Bear Ears 

This next top is the perfect addition to a cute little dress. And I love this lilac color so I think I'll try to find the same and maybe do one in pink as well. 

 
Baby Angel Top P057 

This next cardigan might be my favorite because it totally looks like something I would wear haha. I need to figure out how to make this in an adult version. Again, I like this colorway so I might try to find this yarn and keep it the same. 

 
Baby Stripe Cardigan by Rocket London 

And lastly. I really want to make a blanket and I really liked this design. It's a basket weave pattern called entrelac. I'm thinking for baby Logan I'm going to do her blanket in pink, green, and white because my aunt was in the AKA sorority and their colors are pink and green. So I think she'd really like that. And for baby Eva I'm thinking pastels, like maybe a pink, purple, and blue. 

Entrelac Baby Blanket 

I'm excited to get started on these. I've got a couple of road trips planned for this summer so I'll definitely have time to do them then lol. 

Do you have any summer projects?  

MKD

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love the teddy bear ears sweater, I don't have any kids or plan on having any soon but I always melt over animal like clothing! Im sure your aunts would greatly appreciate these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just the cutest?! I'm excited to get started on them. And knowing how long it takes me to make things, they'll probably outgrow anything I start now so I'll probably need to go ahead and make them a few sizes larger haha. :)

      Delete