Monday, June 2, 2014

Music Monday: Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes

New installment for the blog. Not a unique concept by any means but definitely something I want to start incorporating. Like I mentioned in my About Me, music plays a huge part in my life and I'm literally listening to music at some point all day unless I'm sleeping lol. I even listen to it at work since we've got a playlist that plays in the entrance/lobby. I've got a very diverse taste in music, something that tends to surprise people sometimes lol. So I'd love to share what I'm listening to and hopefully introduce y'all to some new artists.

So up first, the fabulous Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes!


Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes are a soul band from Melbourne, Australia. Their sound is reminiscent of 50s & 60s RnB and soul. I've got a thing for harmonies and they've definitely got the 60s girl group vibe with some doo wop wailing that I absolutely love! And you might have heard of them and not even known it. Their single, Love Letter, was featured in a Heineken beer commercial. I actually first heard of the group last year from a tv show called Please Like Me. It's an Australian comedy/drama show that airs here in the US on Pivot. Their song, I'll Be Fine, is the theme song of the show.


They currently have a self-titled EP as well as a full length album, Baby Caught The Bus. You can listen to them here on Spotify if you use that(I love Spotify!). I'm super excited because they're doing an US tour this summer and they'll be in Atlanta in August. I've never seen them live, but I have seen some performances on YouTube and they put on one hell of a show! Can't wait!

This is the video for their first single, Love Letter. It's one of the most fun videos I've seen in a while lol.


And here's a more subdued video lol, for their song, Vicious Cycle.


Bonus video: Here's the opening theme to one of the episodes of Please Like Me featuring the song, I'll Be Fine.

(I actually love listening to them while I cook too!) 

You can find out more about them at clairybrowne.com.

Happy Listening!

How do you like Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes? 

MKD
 

7 comments:

  1. I'm reading this at work so I can't check these guys out right now, but I'll have to add them to my list of "interesting things people on the internet have told me about that I really should check out because it sounds like they're right up my alley." It's kind of a long list... ;)
    Cheers,
    Jessica, cakesandcakesvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I'm glad it's made it to the list. They're definitely worth it! Such fun and I think Clairy has an amazing voice! :)

      Delete
    2. Just got around to listening to them last night - amazing! My boyfriend really liked them as well, and since our taste in music doesn't always overlap, that's a nice bonus.

      Delete
    3. Awesome, I'm glad you guys liked them! They're going to be in Chicago on June 22nd, y'all should go see them! :)

      Delete
    4. Thanks so much for the heads up, I just bought tickets! I'm so excited to see them now!

      Delete
  2. I don't watch tv often so I've never heard their song in the commercial or anything but I listened/watched the video to Love Letter and its so fun! Like you said such a 60's vibe (which is about the best thing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, so much fun! After I went back to watch the commercial on YouTube I realized that I had seen it before, I just hadn't paid attention haha. :)

      Delete