Friday, July 4, 2014

iBake: Angel Food Cake, Berries, & Whipped Cream dessert

Happy 4th of July y'all! I hope everyone is having/has a great fun filled day! This year is actually the first time I don't have any set plans. I might just end up chilling at home and resting. I know that sounds super boring but this weekend I have to work and it's going to be insanely busy. At the museum the first weekend of every month is free for residents of the county the museum is located in as well as for Bank of America customers/card holders. Our free weekends are ALWAYS super busy/crowded/crazy and we're expecting that times 1000 since it's also the 4th of July holiday weekend. So I'm gonna need to rest up to prepare for that lol. I also live right next to a park that does a huge fireworks show every year and I can see the show from my backyard so I can get my fix that way if needed lol.

But anyway, if you're in need of a last minute dessert to bring to a BBQ you're attending today or something quick to make at home if you've got unplanned guests coming over, try out this Angel Food Cake, Berries, and Whipped Cream recipe! Sorry, I couldn't think of a better name haha! It's super easy and only takes 3 ingredients. Plus you get that lovely patriotic feel with the colors.



Angel Food Cake, Berries, & Whipped Cream
  • Angel Food Cake
  • Bag of mixed berries(I used raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
  • Whipped Cream 
For the Angel Food Cake you've got a couple of options. You can just buy a pre-made cake, buy a box mix, or make it from scratch. Since this is supposed to be a quick and easy recipe I would go ahead and just buy a pre-made cake. Cut the cake into little bite sized pieces and place a layer at the bottom of your serving dish. Cover with a layer of whipped cream and repeat the layers as many times as you'd like or until you've filled your dish. After the final layer of whipped cream top with your berries. Et Volià! Great last minute dessert. I buy a big enough cake to get at least 2 serving dishes out of it. I love making this because not only is it super easy, but it's also a great refreshing summertime dessert. Enjoy!

 

How are you spending your 4th of July? 
MKD 

No comments:

Post a Comment