Friday, July 11, 2014

Summer Road Trip pt.1

Hey y'all! Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. A whole week today actually. I've missed my Music Mondays, WCW, and everything! And I haven't been able to read any other blogs either. I've got so much catching up to do! But I have been working soooo much lately. I just finished working 8 days in a row. 8 DAYS! That's insane but I've made it through...just barely haha. Every night I got home I went straight to bed lol. But I'll be back to my regularly scheduled programming soon. As a reward for my crazy work schedule I'm taking a nice little road trip with my friends this weekend to see one of my favorite bands ever, Fall Out Boy!

 


Last year when Fall Out Boy came off "hiatus" they announced a full summer tour all over the country. Being as it had been 4 years since I'd seen them last and I had(along with everyone else) assumed they'd broken up(I was truly devastated lol) so of course I was gonna see them. And multiple times haha. So around this same time last year my friends and I planned a road trip to go to a few of the concerts. First was the Atlanta show, then we drove to Orlando to see them again and spend a few days at Disney. That next week we drove to Indianapolis for a show(with a pit stop in Knoxville to pick up our other friends) then back down to Nashville for our last show and which also happened to be the last show of the tour.

This year they're doing another summer tour and it's finally time for the shows I'm going to. And what makes it super fun is that it's with the same friends I went with last year. So today my friend Ashley and I are driving up to Knoxville to meet up with our other friends then Saturday morning we're driving to Cincinnati for the Bunbury Music Festival. I was really excited that FOB was playing this festival because now we get to see other artists as well. Plus I love music festivals in general.



We're staying in Cincinnati and then driving down to Nashville to see them at a venue called The Woods at Fontanel which I hear is a pretty cool outdoor venue. Atlanta-Knoxville-Cincinnati-Nashville are all about 3-4 hours apart so the drives won't be too bad. One time me and Ashley drove from Georgia to New York overnight on a whim...now that was a drive! Haha!  I'm super excited and can't wait to get on the road. Of course I've waited until today to start packing and cleaning up my house lol. But that will at least give me something to do until it's time to leave. I'll make sure to write about the trip & shows when I get back home. I'm sure it's gonna be an adventure!

I'll leave y'all with one of my favorite pictures from last year's road trip(and one of my favorite pictures ever!). Me and Patrick Stump(lead singer) after the Indianapolis show. :)

 
*Patrick Stump is the nicest person ever and gives the BEST hugs* 

Do you have any Summer trips planned? 

MKD 

4 comments:

  1. Have fun on the road! I'll be going on a road trip from Memphis to Dallas on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you had a great road trip!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh that seems like so much fun! Especially stopping at Disney! Seems like this years road trip is gonna be great also! I didnt know those cities are so close to each other. Last summer I actually went to Louisville and Nashville! I want to go to Cincinnati if its that close! Cause the drive from Chicago to Nashville wasn't too bad! I can't wait to hear all about your trip once you get back. Also I wanted to do a road trip this summer but sadly don't have the funds but I am working now so maybe I can save some for a fall road trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cincinnati was a lot of fun! We were only there for a day so I definitely have to make it back soon! Isn't Nashville such a great city?! I could definitely see myself living there. And Chicago is definitely next on my list of places to road trip to! A fall road trip would definitely be nice! And depending on where you're going, probably cheaper since its off season. :)

      Delete