Monday, August 4, 2014

Music Monday: Imelda May



Today's Music Monday feature is actually an artist I just started listening to today! Haha. So admittedly I don't know much about her except that I'm hooked on her music! Ladies and gents, Imelda May!


I feel like I've heard her name before(I think she's performed at VIVA?) but I had never listened to Imelda until today. I was going through the concert calendar of a local venue and saw that she's coming in October and thought I would check her out. And I've been listening to her all day non stop lol. Imelda hails from Ireland and is a singer-songwriter and producer. Her music is a great mix of rockabilly and blues. She's quite famous in the UK, having albums that have reached number 1. And of course I can't not mention her fabulous style. Definitely another aspect that drew me to her.

Her 3rd studio Album

Well that's all I've got really haha. Like I said, I've literally listened to Imelda for a day now so I'm still discovering her music/discography. You can listen to her here on Spotify. I'm definitely going to see her when she comes to Atlanta in October. I bet she puts on a great show!

Here's a video for one of her singles, Mayhem.


And here's an awesome video for her song It's Good To Be Alive(makes me excited for Halloween!).

 

Happy Listening!

How do you like Imelda May? 

MKD

No comments:

Post a Comment